Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Like To Move It Move It...

Yet again, it's time to move!!  Thankfully I didn't unpack too much after the last move, though I'm kicking myself for unpacking things that I've yet to use.  I suppose there was no way for me to know we'd be leaving this house so soon.

Yes, we're moving for the 2nd time in 6 months.  Yesterday we signed the papers on our new home.  It'll be nice to have a place of our own again.  It'll be nice to have a little bit of extra room to move.  It'll be nice to have my FIRST EVER COVERED BACK PORCH!!!! Woooo hooooo!!!!  I'm a little excited about that.  I'm not sure if the message conveys well via blog post. 

With this excitement comes worry, though I think I'm the only one worrying.  I worry when handling money.  Especially the large sum it'll take to pay this baby off.  When we sold our first two houses I felt free.  Now that we've taken on another mortgage, I feel like a slave once again.  Being a "worst case scenario" type of thinker, mortgages are murder on the nerves.  But I have to remember that I'm not in charge of all of this.  God has been faithful to provide for my family over and over again.  He's yet to allow the worst case scenario (though I doubt that'll be the case forever).  He has, however, allowed things to get bumpy.  During those times He provided for us richly and I actually felt most content.  I suppose that when we find our ultimate joy and comfort in Christ, the rest is just window dressing.  I'm learning day by day to not only be content with my lot, but embrace it.  It's by grace alone that I'll take my next breath, much less pay my next bill.  And when the worst case comes along, I'll know that my riches truly lie in my Savior.

So, anyway, that's what we're up to.  Closing was yesterday and we'll start moving in next Wednesday.  I'll try to remember to take pics and video.  I have what I think will be a fun idea for a video to chronicle this event.  I'll try to edit and post it as soon as we get internet going in the new house.  Be looking for something on the blog by the first of July (which in "Keri time" will most likely be the first of January. Ha).  Until then...

No comments: