Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Change of Pace

Today was cloudy and mild. We enjoyed a little bit of time outside.



Laura Kate was having a good time on the little see-saw thing, until Anna got on. Big sister can get a little crazy. Right now she's begging to get off.


Anna can now go as high and fast as her little heart desires.



Laura Kate moves on to the slide. No telling what mischief is being cooked up in that brain.



Ah ha. That's the mischief. She isn't allowed to climb the slide that way.


Anna, again, feels a need...a need for speed (a little Top Gun, anyone?).



The girls asked me to take a picture of some migrating birds. They were fascinated with the V-formation, which led to a teachable moment. You probably wouldn't have had any clue that this was what the picture was if I hadn't told you, huh?

We decided after coming inside that we needed to bake something. I don't typically like to bake with the girls. There is a thing I have with mess, I don't like it when they make it and I don't like to clean it up. Well, I'm letting go of that, so here we are. Instead of "Charlie's Angels" we've got the whole "Mommy's Angels" thing going on. Incidentally, this was taken just a few minutes before Laura Kate abandoned our effort. While the oven was pre-heating, it began to smoke. Evidently, when I cooked sausage balls Sunday night some greased leaked onto the bottom of the oven. As smoke poured out of the oven, the smoke alarms began to go off. Fun stuff. We opened the windows to help air the house out, but Laura Kate decided this was all too much fun for her. While Anna was working hard...

Laura Kate was hardly working. She was out like a light.



Anna cuts...

and counts the scones. We were only supposed to have 12, but we ended up with 17. Hey, the more the better.


Once she got everything laid out on baking stones, we started the clean-up. Anna washed dishes...
while I cleaned the oven. This is Anna making fun of the smell (don't worry, it's cool at this point) before I commence scrubbing.


Now we can finally finish up the scones. Anna puts the finishing touches on and...


pineapple scones nearly as sweet as that little face. This was our first time to tackle scones, and they turned out pretty well. Good news: they're delicious. Bad news: they're delicious. I've had two already! I suppose Anna and I should be nice and share with Justin and Laura Kate...maybe.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Keri,

I love to see all the pictures and your "blobbing" as David says. Keep it up!

Love ya,

Katy

Kelly said...

Yes...totally love the play by play, felt like I was making scones too! I love the first pic of the girls in their aprons ready to go....so cute! And for the record, the scones can't be too bad because it caused you to clean out your oven...so eat and enjoy!

Wachsmann Family said...

so cute! and what fun memories you will all have baking and making a mess together. I am the same way about not wanting to make a mess and have to clean it up, but it sure is fun to let them help and get over that mess thing quick.