Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Timely Food for Thought

Quote from Billy Edwards, senior pastor, Brazos Meadows Baptist Church -on the election:

"One thing, however, has already been decided: God is on His throne, Jesus is Lord of all, and the church is the one hope for the world. Those things are true no matter who is president! I've told you this before...I've lived through 6 Republican presidents and 4 Democratic presidents. And honestly, not much changes. Neither can give us salvation. Neither can give us deliverance. Neither can give us hope that matters. Neither can make iron-clad promises. Salvation and deliverance and hope and promises come through Bethlehem, not Washington!" "I am a citizen of the United States (proudly), but I'm not at home here. My home is in the Kingdom of God, which is both here and in the future; which supercedes nations and borders and political causes. The older I get, the more I feel like an alien, for I long more and more to be home. I don't plan on going home anytime soon, so I am yielding more and more of my life to God today. I gave my life to the Kingdom of God years ago; I re-up that commitment right now. Join me."

Wow. That's good stuff.

No comments: