Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We've Got Another Niece!

Madelyn Grace Kiphen was born Wednesday, December 10 @ 4:11 a.m. She weighed 7 lb 14 oz., measured 19 in., and is as sweet as she can be.
After a week of waiting, my sister Kayla finally had this baby! She didn't have to be induced, which is what we were all praying for. Kayla is doing really well. She sounded great on the phone and looked good in person. She's a little sore, but didn't really seem tired. Both mom and baby are fantastic, which is wonderful. Little Maddie is so pleasant...so far ;) I got to hold her for quite a while. The girls were intrigued. Anna was a little nervous and didn't want to touch her. Laura Kate was ready to hold her and take her home. As a matter of fact she even asked Kayla if we could take Maddie home! Anna just wanted Maddie and Kayla to have dinner at Chick-fil-A with us. I think both of my girls have a little bit of baby fever. Both asked for a baby as soon as we left Kayla's room. If it were only that easy :)
Not a whole lot has been going on other than waiting for Maddie's arrival. The girls and I did some Christmas shopping on Saturday. We had a good visit with my friend Tena on Monday. Maddie was born today. And my dad should be here on Friday. Looks like every other day we have had/will have something going on :) Fun stuff.
Oh, and check out my Twitter Updates on the left side of the blog. I'll probably update these a lot more often than I actually post. This way, you'll get to read about what we're doing minute by minute or hour by hour!

1 comment:

Diana and Dusty said...

Yay!! I have been thinking about Kayla and if she had the baby yet. She is beautiful!!! Congrats Auntie! We will be home the week of Christmas, maybe we can get together and you can meet Rayleigh.